Deciding to make or eat pancakes is always the death of us – there’s always so much sugar, they’re heavy and full of carbs. Well, now you can eat all the pancakes you want without feeling the guilt! I have found this great pancake recipe for people who want to stick to a low carb or Keto diet. Just remember, this is not an out-of-box, Bisquick recipe, it will take some time, but it is WORTH IT!
I have had to eat gluten free for almost three years because of how bad it would make my body feel. Reaching for a gluten free pancake mix doesn’t make me feel THAT much better. I recommend giving this Low Carb/Keto recipe a try if you want to feel good after eating pancakes!
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- butter or coconut oil for frying (I prefer butter)
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites into two separate mixing bowls.
- Melt the coconut oil and add the coconut oil and the coconut milk to the egg yolks, then mix them together.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mix. Use a whisk to mix it. (Note: the batter will not look like a normal pancake batter, it will be more dry until we add the egg whites in later. See below.)
- In a separate bowl, add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk the egg whites with an ELECTRIC HAND MIXER or standing mixer until stiff peaks form. (See below.)
- Once you have stiff peaks, fold the egg whites into the rest of your mix (Click here to see what folding in stiff peaks means.)
- After you have folded in the egg whites into the mix, wait 5-7 minutes for the mix to set.
- Proceed to make 3-4 inch pancakes in a pan with butter or coconut oil on it, on a low-medium heat.
Note: Adding syrup/chocolate/fruit will add sugar to your pancakes. Use sparingly.
Tip: Use your over to keep your pancakes from getting cold. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees and layer a cooking pan in foil to put your pancakes into as they come off the stove. This will keep your pancakes nice and warm when you serve them!
*Original recipe by Diet Doctor.